Over the Summer I made some gifts for my cute niece, Molly, like these pretty wooden letters. I got the wooden letters from the adorable Molly of online children's lifestyle boutique, Molly-Meg; a wonderful store full of the cutest treasures like the pretty mint kids antique chairs, vintage swan rocker and super cute prints painted especially for Molly-Meg by American artist Trish Grantham. Check it out!
Pretty Wooden Letters
You will need
- Wooden letters to spell the name or word of your choice
- White undercoat paint
- Washi tape ( Japanese printed masking tape)
- PVA glue (craft glue)
- Paint brush
- Craft knife
- Paint wooden letters with white undercoat paint and leave to dry - they will probably need two coats
- Carefully stick washi tape to front of letters and carefully trim tape with craft knife so it is flush to edges
- Carefully wrap washi tape on the sides of the letters
- Paint a layer of PVA glue over front and sides of letters to seal them and leave to dry
I will be making more hand made gifts this year for Christmas presents so stay tuned for more gift ideas to make this year with free downloadable patterns, clear photographed instructions and ideas for where to buy all the materials you need to make the crafts.
Have a sweet day!