Banana cupcakes (makes 12 muffin size cakes)
125g (4.5 ounces) butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon (1/6 ounces) vanilla extract
150g (5.2 ounces) caster sugar
225g (8 ounces) Gluten free self-raising flour
2 large mashed ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 160-180 deg C (325-350 deg F).
- Line muffin tray with paper cases.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture turns a pale colour.
- Beat in eggs, flour and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the mashed banana and mix thoroughly.
- Divide mixture among cases.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Place cakes on a wire rack to cool.
To decorate (for 12 muffin sized cupcakes)
36 mini eggs
Chocolate butter frosting
- Using a small palette knife spread a thin layer of frosting on the center of the cakes.
- Fill piping bag with the chocolate frosting and pipe in a large swirl around the top edge of the cakes.
- Place 3 mini eggs in the center.
Have a sweet day!