Dr Oetker recently sent me some Wafer Butterflies, which enable bakers of all abilities to instantly make simple cupcakes and desserts more colourful and beautiful. With guests due round for afternoon tea on Saturday I decided on Saturday morning to quickly rustle up some raspberry and cream cupcakes in Jane Means pretty striped cupcake cups and adorn them with the pretty wafer butterflies.
Gluten-free Raspberry & Cream butterfly adorned cupcakes (makes 13 cake cup cupcakes)
- 2 large eggs
- 75g gluten-free self raising flour
- 75g gluten-free plain flour
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g (2/3 cup)caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 60ml(1/4 cup) milk
- 13 frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 160-180 deg C.
- Place baking cups on a baking tray.
- Beat flour, butter, milk and eggs in a bowl with an electric mixer until the mixture turns a pale colour.
- Divide mixture between cases.
- Push one frozen raspberry in to each batter filled case
- Bake for between 25-30 minutes until cakes bounce back when lightly pressed
- Place cakes on wire rack to cool.
To decorate (for 13 cake cup sized cakes) Ingredients
- Place the cream and icing sugar in a bowl and whisk till light and fluffy
- Fill piping bag fitted with a star nozzle
- Pipe a swirl of cream icing on top of the cakes
- Adorn each cake with a wafer butterfly
Have a sweet day!